In otherwise healthy infants, digestive discomfort may occur because infants have an immature gut. Learn about the developing infant digestive system and how Gentlease formula can help. It has with easy-to-digest partially hydrolyzed protein and reduced lactose.
Enzymes that break down lactose and protein in the digestive system may not be fully active at birth1,2
When these enzymes are not fully active, some lactose and protein may travel to the large intestine intact, where they are fermented by bacteria3
Lower levels of lactose and easy-to-digest partially hydrolyzed proteins
* Graphic illustration of molecules; not intended as an accurate visual depiction
1. González HL et al. Acta Pediatr Mex. 2005;26:270-292
2. Antonowicz I et al. Gastroenterology. 1977;72:1299-1303
3. Cummings JH et al. J Appl Bacteriol. 1991;70:443-459.
4. Heyman MB et al. Pediatrics. 2006;118:1279-1286