Early nutrition greatly affects the health and development of infants and children. In recognition of that fact, all Mead Johnson products are marketed strictly on the basis of nutritional value, appropriate use, quality, safety and value.
Mead Johnson is proud of its legacy of high standards, ethical behavior, commitment to the consumer and responsible marketing of its products. As a company, Mead Johnson endorses breast milk as the superior form of infant nutrition. Research shows that most mothers make their infant feeding decisions in consultation with their doctors, and Mead Johnson absolutely respects those decisions. However, if a mother cannot or chooses not to breastfeed, infant formula is the only nutritionally safe alternative. To that end, we remain committed to marketing our products globally in a manner that is both truthful and transparent.
- We support the aim of the World Health Organization International Code of Marketing of Breast Milk Substitutes (the WHO Code), which is to ensure safe and adequate nutrition for infants, whether they are breastfed or formula-fed, by providing adequate information and appropriate marketing and distribution.
- In developing countries where laws and regulations have been adopted to govern the promotion of infant formula, we abide by those laws.
- In developed countries, such as the U.S. and Canada, where the WHO Code has not been adopted by law, we comply with those countries' laws and regulations and apply high-quality company standards.
- We are committed to ensuring that claims made in the promotion of our products are well substantiated and based on sound science; therefore, Mead Johnson conducts extensive research and collaborates with the world’s leading medical and academic institutions to create the highest quality nutritional products.
- We comply with all government regulations and regulatory authority guidelines and are committed to holding ourselves accountable through adherence to our responsible marketing guidelines.
- We ensure messaging is clear and easily understood by our audience.
- We consider the cultural appropriateness of all advertising, specific to the country or region in which it is placed.
- We do not knowingly use words, images, or music that are hostile toward, discriminatory against or patently offensive to any group of people based on gender, age, race, religion, nationality, ethnicity, handicap or lifestyle.
- Above all, we value our relationships with families around the world, and take great pride and care in living into our mission to nourish the world’s children for the best start in life.
The Enfamil Resource Center
Mead Johnson employees around the world serve as a resource for parents and other caregivers who contact the company with questions. In the United States, for instance, The Enfamil Resource Center is staffed by highly trained and knowledgeable experts in infant and toddler nutrition, Enfamil products and programs. They participate in on-going training to stay current on topics of interest to Enfamil consumers. The team prides itself on receiving feedback from consumers and consistently receives scores higher than 95 percent in customer satisfaction. Most Enfamil team members have children of their own and understand that, although they talk to thousands of moms and dads each week, each child is unique. The Enfamil Resource Center is available for U.S. consumers at 1-800-BABY123 or EnfamilResourceCenter@Enfamil.com.
In addition to providing customer service, the Enfamil Resource Center partners with healthcare professionals to provide free or discounted formula to families who are financially disadvantaged. Parents who are using our specialty products may receive product shipments directly to their home. Thousands of consumers have participated in this program through the years.