Health and Safety Standards
At Mead Johnson, safety – of our consumers, employees and communities – is our highest priority. As a responsible worldwide leader in infant and children's nutrition, we are committed to doing business in a manner that delivers quality and protects safety across our worldwide operations through strict compliance with the laws and requirements of the markets in which we operate and careful enforcement of our own stringent internal policies and best practices.
- We establish clear objectives, ensuring continual improvement of our health and safety performance and management system.
- We incorporate health and safety considerations into our business decision-making processes and uphold our health and safety standards, no matter how urgent the job.
- We continually make improvements toward our goal of an accident-free workplace through effective employee administration, education and training.
- We use the appropriate safety equipment and follow approved systems when conducting our work. We require all employees to take ownership of safety.
- We operate in compliance with all relevant health and safety legislation, regulations, codes of practice and other standards in the areas in which we operate and set our own standards and targets where no regulations exist or may not be up to our internal expectations.
- We review and update our health and safety goals on an annual basis and also track our performance against multi-year targets for improvement. We regularly share information on our health and safety initiatives as appropriate.